A Mobile App is a great container of media and if you own a smart phone then you already know that there’s a phone app for just about anything and everything under the sun.So we asked the question; why not use a mobile app as a way to distribute an indie film?
People are not only in love with their smart phones, their in love with watching video on their smart phones and more and more people are taking advantage of the easy smart phone to television integration techniques that are available. All phones and modern televisions are HDMI (High Definition Multi-Media) friendly and for about $20.00 of hardware hooking up a phone, or tablet to a television is a snap.
So we really couldn’t come up with a good answer with as to why a mobile app shouldn’t be used for indie film distribution and decided that at a minimum a “Beta Test” was warranted and now we’re proud to announce an Indie Film Mobile App beta test with Taos Communications Empire and their their film “The Language of Spirituality”
About the Indie Film App Beta Test
The objectives of the beta test will be as follows;
1. To develop a working model capable of easily delivering content to the viewer.
2. To develop a model that was cost competitive with website development.
3. Develop a model that would pay the filmmaker first and be profitable.
4. Develop a model that would be easy for filmmakers to market.
5. Develop a model that would be quick to market.
6 Develop a model that would allow filmmakers complete control.
7. Develop a model that supports audience aggregation in support of future distributions.
8. Develop a model capable of multiple media types in addition to video.
The beta test will develop a Google/Android, Amazon compatible app only. The app will go up on the Google Play store as a premium app and on the Amazon App store. This is really has us excited, because people who go to Amazon go there for one thing and one thing only – to buy stuff.
Countdown to Mobile App Beta Release
The “Language of Spirituality” indie film app is not yet available. We’re finishing development.
Our plan is to release “The Language of Spirituality” on Google Play and the Amazon App store in the next 5 to 7 days. This will be followed by two additional films, each with their own mobile app shortly thereafter;
1. 9/11 Experts Speak Out: A documentary by AE911 for Truth and
2. Libertopia: A documentary about the Free State project by Christine Heller.
We will announce the availability of the Language of Spirituality Mobile indie film mobile app and where you can get it on the Google Play and/or Amazon App store.
Sign Up for Beta Round 2
With three films for the first round of beta testing, we’ll have plenty of data to start with but as you noticed the three films in round 1 are all documentaries. We’d like our beta testing to include different types of films, hence following the conclusion of round 1 we’ll reopen the program for round 2.
So if you’re a filmmaker and the idea of using a mobile app to distribute your film is one you think is not just cool but potentially profitable then fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch.